Monday, December 3, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

So, Eric got really sick and asked for Chicken Noodle Soup, but he wanted homeade.  So I created this recipe on the fly and I am gonna share it with you.

Ingredents:

3lbs chicken
1 small red onion
Deli pack of carrots and celery
1 Lipton Chicken & Broccoli Noodle
1 1/2 cup milk

In a very large pot I put my 3 lbs chicken thighs and filled with water enough to cover chicken.  I boiled on high heat and then reduced to slow boil for 2hrs.  Most of the water reduced by this point, I removed the chicken and strained the broth for any small bones or pockets of fat.  I put the broth back into the pot and added the onion, carrot, and celery diced up into the broth.  I let that boil while I shredded the chicken.  Then I added the chicken back to the pot and added the milk and about 1 to 1 1/2 cup water and the whole Lipton packet.  I let it all heat through and cook the noodles and then served.

Everyone LOVED it.  I took a bit to work the next day and found it needed a bit of salt.  After spending the night in the frig it was more like a block instead of soup but once heated up the broth became watery again and I added a bit more water to thin it out.  The picture below is of my lunch serving before I added the extra water. 


Good luck making your own chicken soup recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment