Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Feast

November 22, Thanksgiving - I started the day with thanking people in facebook posts and I did that all day.  Whenever I stopped for a minute or thought about it, I thanked another person in my life for something.  We had a full day ahead of us and Lila and I started cooking.  We had a list of what we needed to do that day.

  • Deviled eggs
  • Cucumber salad
  • Apple Snicker Salad
  • Veggie Dip
  • White Bean Dip
  • Pie
  • Cream Cheese puffs
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Gravy
  • Mashed Potatoes
 But first I made a drink! Three Olives Cherry Vodka 1.5oz, 1.5oz Amaretto, four ice cubes, two cherries, and the rest of my 5oz whiskey glass with coke. 






Then we made veggie dip which is just a Knorr Veggie mix and 16oz sour cream





White bean dip:

  • 1 can white beans, mashed.  
  • 1/4 cup yogurt
  • 1/4 milk
  • 1/2 lemon, squeezed
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
 After it was made we added a bit more milk and yogurt to take out the lemony flavor a bit.  Raven loved it but not Lila or I.



Cucumber salad was up next

  • 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 green onion
  • 1 tsp dill weed
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

 

Then our Apple Snicker Salad
  • 3 apples, green is what we picked
  • 3 regular sized snickers, frozen
  • 8 oz cool whip
We put it all together and then ended up adding another half a container of cool whip since it looked like coated apples.



Then the deviled eggs, this recipe is for six eggs and I cooked 23 so I just timed by four.

  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 1 tsp mustard


Then I made the cream cheese puffs

  • Cresent rolls
  • Chive cream cheese
I rolled out the crescent rolls cut it in smaller pieces and dolloped on the cream cheese, closed up the sides and baked  by crescent rolls directions.  The balls are Lila, LOL






Once that was done Lila and I relaxed, Raven woke up and cleaned the kitchen and Eric started on the turkey.  He also cooked the potatoes, stuffing and gravy done the turkey was done.






Hope you enjoyed reading my Thanksgiving feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment