Friday, April 6, 2012

Corn Dogs and Pasta Salad with Brownies and Cream Cheese Frosting

     So, tonight we made our own corn dogs.  Eric found a corn dog recipe, we weren't crazy about it but it worked.  It just made it a bit thinner than expected.

1 cup flour
2/3 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 ts baking soda

     We did not have buttermilk so he used milk which is probably why it was a bit thin.  We cut the hot dogs in half and dipped them in the mix and fried in vegetable oil.  For the pasta salad, it was a recipe I made my own.

1 envelope Knorr vegetable mix
Mayonnaise
Spinach leaves
Carrots
1 pound elbow noodles

     I eyeballed the mayonnaise and mixed it with the Knorr mix, chopped up some spinach leaves I had left and a few baby carrots.  Cooked, drains, and cooled a pound of elbow noodles.  Added the noodles to the mix and chilled in the refrigerator.    




     After dinner Lila helped me make some brownies from a box and we added some cream cheese frosting on top.

IMG055.jpg

     All in all, it didn't turn out too bad.  Many of my homeade recipes are often made from experiments.  Don't be afraid to add what you feel, not all my concoctions have been successful but I keep trying and alot of them don't turn out too bad.  

Well, that is all for tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment